Biryani is a flavorful rice dish that is often made with spices, meat, and vegetables. Here is a recipe for chicken biryani that serves 4-6 people:
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh sieve until the water runs clear. Then, add the rice to a large pot of boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the rice is tender but still firm. Drain the rice and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder (if using) to the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt, chicken broth, and frozen peas. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir the cooked rice into the chicken mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the cilantro over the top.
- Cover the skillet and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked and the flavors have melded together.
- Serve the biryani hot, garnished with additional cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Here is the chicken biryani recipe for you by adguidner for more recipes like that visit adguidner and kindly share your feedback. Thanks!