Hot and sour chicken soup is a Chinese restaurant classic – it’s spicy and aromatic, and packed with all sorts of delicious ingredients. This particular recipe is for Indian or Pakistani restaurant-style sweet and sour soup with chicken, vegetables, and silk egg ribbons, all combined in a spicy broth.
So, Here’s a recipe for a spicy and sour hot and sour soup:
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned bell peppers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and chili sauce to a boil over high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and stir until the soup thickens.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, carrots, and bell peppers to the pot and bring the mixture back to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the soup, stirring constantly to create thin strands of egg.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!
Is there a specific type of recipe you’d like to see? I can provide a wide range of recipes, from main dishes to desserts and everything in between. Just let me know what you’re looking for, and I’ll do my best to help.
Here is the hot and sour soup recipe for you by adguidner for more recipes like that visit adguidner and kindly share your feedback with us . Thanks!