Here is a vegetarian Chinese fried rice recipe that you can try at home:
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- large egg
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (such as diced carrots, peas, bell peppers, and corn)
- Rinse the rice in a fine mesh sieve under cold running water.
- In a pot or rice cooker, combine the rinsed rice, water, oil, and salt (if using).
- If you are using a pot, bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid. Let the rice simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- If you are using a rice cooker, simply turn it on and let it do its thing. Most rice cookers have an automatic shut-off function that will turn the device off when the rice is cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a separate pan over medium heat and add a small amount of oil.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the pan and sauté until they are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork and stir in the sautéed vegetables. Serve the rice hot.
This recipe makes about 4 servings of vegetarian Chinese fried rice. It can be served on its own as a simple side dish, or used as a base for other dishes such as stir-fries or rice bowls. You can also try adding some additional ingredients to the rice as it cooks, such as diced tofu or tempeh, or sliced mushrooms. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and have fun experimenting with this versatile dish.
For more recipes like Chinese fried rice. please follow us and visit adguidner.